On our last post we provided a cleaning checklist for a Move Out Cleaning.
But most people would rather have a checklist they can use or even reference to, which helps them keep their home clean or to see if the cleaning service they are currently using is doing what they need to do.
The checklist below covers all the vital areas of the home to make sure your home is maintained properly.
Bathrooms are one of those places you can never neglect, which is why we reccomend you start off with them while you still have 100% if your energy & focus.
- Remove cobwebs/Dust down all corners
- Clean/buff mirrors
- Wipe down cabinets
- Scrub the sink
- Wipe down counter tops
- Clean Bathtub, tiles & Bathtub walls. Get rid of any soap scums and grout
- Clean Inside of Toilets and outside
- Sweep and mop the floors
The second most challenging room of a home is cleaning the kitchen. It’s the second easiest room that can take up to hours to clean but less than 30 minutes to dirty up. All it takes is cooking a hefty family dinner to have some of the food spill on the stove tops, floors,etc. Then the leftover mess of all the dishes in the sink.
- Dust/Remove cobwebs from ceiling and other corners/spots
- Wipe down outside of Cabinets
- Wipe down all counter tops & disinfect
- Clean and shine Sink/Faucet
- Wipe down outside of Fridge
- Wipe down outside of Oven
- Wash Dishes (if necessary)
- Clean out your dishwasher
- Sweep then Mop Floor (In that exact order)
Now that you have fished the kitchen & the bathroom, the bedroom should be a walk in the park. Kind of like a cool down after a hard intense workout.
- Dust/Remove cobwebs
- Clean Windows, ledges, sills
- Change Linens/bed sheets (if necessary)
- Tidy up room/organize
All Other Areas
The only thing left should be the dining areas and living room. Here you go:
- Dust ceiling fixtures.
- Dust/ Remove any cobwebs in the top corners of the home. dust Ledges.
- Clean Inside Windows (If necessary)
- Clean light switches/outlets
- Wipe down door knobs
- Sweep/ Vacuum/ Mop
Easy, simple, and straight to the point.
No body said that cleaning had to be rocket science.
Check out our friends servicing the Las Vegas area who use a similar checklist for their routine cleaning here: http://yetihelpers.com/